Mary Ann & J. Milburn Smith Child Health Research, Outreach and Advocacy Center
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Mary Ann & J. Milburn Smith Child Health Research, Outreach and Advocacy Center (formerly known as Smith Child Health Research Program) is one of six research programs housed at the Stanley Manne Children's Research Institute. The program was launched in 2000 thanks to a generous gift from Mrs. Mary Ann Smith in memory of her late husband. The vision of the Smith Child Health Research, Outreach and Advocacy Center is to inform local, regional and national practice and policy to foster healthy children today and healthy adults tomorrow.
Specific research groups include:
- Center on Obesity Management and Prevention
- Child Health Data Lab
- Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children
- Illinois Violent Death Reporting System
- Injury Prevention and Research Center
- Science & Outcomes of Allergy & Asthma Research
- Pediatric Practice Research Group
- Strengthening Chicago’s Youth
- Evaluation Core
Find more information on the program via our Stanley Manne Children's Research Institute webpage.
Matt Davis, MD, MAPP
Fellowship Program Director, Lurie Children's Hospital Fellowship in Pediatric Health Services and Population Health Research
Academic General Pediatrics and Primary Care