Refine your skills and strengthen your career path by taking advantage of the many professional training resources available through the Department of Pediatrics, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, the Feinberg School of Medicine and Northwestern University.
Dept of Pediatrics Faculty Development Seminars
Click on the purple hyperlinks below for archived presentations. Code: Lurie2021
Early Career Faculty:
- Promotion Process (Assistant to Associate Professor) – recorded on January 29, 2020
- Promotion Process (Associate Professor to Professor) – recorded on March 4, 2020
Mission-Based Faculty Development Panel Discussions -- Dept of Pediatrics panelists share their passion and pathway to excellence as you chart your own career trajectory.
- Education - recorded on May 24, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
- Scholarship - recorded n September 21, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
- Outreach Care - recorded on May 31, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
Do you have questions after viewing the recording? Send your Q&A to email@example.com, and we will forward to a panel member for a response.
Career Development Skills
- The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine creates an environment where faculty can make their own path. Explore the career resources directory and the Leadership Education Advancement Program (NU-LEAP) on the FSM Faculty Affairs Office Career Development site.
- The NUCATS Education and Career Development site offers educational training programs that help scientists and research staff gain the skills they need to perform sound clinical and translational investigations. Learn more about KL2 and TL1 career development awards
- Find resources for Faculty Development Leaders
Educator Development resources from Feinberg’s Department of Medical Education are available to assist you in your teaching role. Browse the Feinberg Academy of Medical Educators site.
Research Training and Support
Research activities within the Department of Pediatrics are done through the Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute. In addition to this central institute of research in our field, the Department of Pediatrics, the medical school and the broader university offer a variety of resources to assist faculty — both early-career scientists and established scientists — in their work, including:
- Investigator Development Programs
- Scientific Careers Research and Development Group
- Northwestern University Research Training
- Funding Opportunity Resources
- Office of Research Safety
Continuing Medical Education
- Maintenance of Certification: For information, please visit the site map within the Lurie intranet site (Lurie intranet access required) and click on Department of Pediatrics Quality Improvement. For specific questions, please email MOCinfo@luriechildren.org.
- UptoDate: A CME credit tracking tool that gives you reminders to login and check your current amount of credits as well as earn credits.