Faculty Development Workshops
Click on the hyperlinks below for archived presentations. Code: Lurie2021
Faculty Development Workshops:
- Top 10 Ways to Become a Highly Productive Academic Writer (Even in a Pandemic) -- Todd Florin, MD, recorded on November 9, 2022. Handouts: productivity writing plan and reverse timeline for grant and manuscript writing
- Scientific Writing: How to Get Published -- Ravi Jhaveri, MD, recorded on December 12, 2022.
- How to Prepare for the Upcoming APT promotion Cycle -- Elizabeth Alpern, MD, and other members of the OFD Leadership team. Recorded on March 16, 2023
- How to Give a Stellar PAS Presentation -- Kristin Kan, MD, MPH recorded on March 31, 2023
- How to Prepare for the Upcoming Clinical Promotion Pathway -- Elizabeth Alpern, MD, and other members of the OFD Leadership Team
Early Career Faculty:
- Promotion Process (Assistant to Associate Professor) – recorded on January 29, 2020
- Promotion Process (Associate Professor to Professor) – recorded on March 4, 2020
Mission-Based Faculty Development Panel Discussions -- Dept of Pediatrics panelists share their passion and pathway to excellence as you chart your own career trajectory.
- Education - recorded on May 24, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
- Scholarship - recorded n September 21, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
- Outreach Care - recorded on May 31, 2021. Flyer with panelists.
- Leadership - recorded on August 18, 2022. Flyer with panelists.
- Clinical Care - recorded on May 24, 2023. Flyer with panelists.
Do you have questions after viewing the recording? Send your Q&A to email@example.com, and we will forward to a panel member for a response.
Career Development Skills
- The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine creates an environment where faculty can make their own path. Explore the career resources directory and the Leadership Education Advancement Program (NU-LEAP) on the FSM Faculty Affairs Office Career Development site.
- The NUCATS Education and Career Development site offers educational training programs that help scientists and research staff gain the skills they need to perform sound clinical and translational investigations. Learn more about KL2 and TL1 career development awards
- Find resources for Faculty Development Leaders
Educator Development resources from Feinberg’s Department of Medical Education are available to assist you in your teaching role. Browse the Feinberg Academy of Medical Educators site.
Research Training and Support
Research activities within the Department of Pediatrics are done through the Stanley Manne Children’s Research Institute. In addition to this central institute of research in our field, the Department of Pediatrics, the medical school and the broader university offer a variety of resources to assist faculty — both early-career scientists and established scientists — in their work, including:
- Scientific Careers Research and Development Group
- Northwestern University Research Training
- Funding Opportunity Resources
- Office of Research Safety
Continuing Medical Education
- Maintenance of Certification: For information, please visit the site map within the Lurie intranet site (Lurie intranet access required) and click on Department of Pediatrics Quality Improvement. For specific questions, please email MOCinfo@luriechildren.org.
- UptoDate: A CME credit tracking tool that gives you reminders to login and check your current amount of credits as well as earn credits.