Recognizes faculty who have distinguished themselves with exceptional achievement in areas of scholarship within the past 12 months.
Examples of accomplishments that demonstrate excellence and merit consideration for these awards are listed below. PLEASE NOTE that the examples are meant to be illustrative, not definitive.
- Journal editorial responsibilities; textbook editorial responsibilities
- Presentations at regional and national professional meetings
- Publications of “white papers”/policy documents/guidelines/recommendations
- Peer-review publications and impact of peer-reviewed publications (H-index)
- Books and book chapters
- Awards for research contributions from national or international organizations
- Service in a national society, such as leadership in defining clinical guidelines.